At it’s core, The CO• is a collaborative, community endeavor. In order to succeed, The CO• needs your help as we work towards achieving our goals.
The goals of The CO• :
- To inculcate an inclusive culture that knocks down town/gown, socioeconomic, gender, and cultural barriers as well as disciplinary and departmental firewalls, offering instead a collaborative model.
- To develop a network among maker-inclined groups both on campus and off.
- To provide examples and outlets for hands-on learning for our faculty and students.
- To create a strong example of a “maker campus” as a proof of concept for fundraising/grant writing.
- To position OSU as a leader in Oregon and around the U.S. in the academic and engagement values of “making”.
- To support the governor’s 40/40/20 initiative.
- To connect the role of scholarship and research (across the disciplines) to the “making” meme.